Me alone...
Saturday, February 10, 2007
  *"Never Neglect the Little Things of Life"
I was chatting the other day about different things; till we reached the subject of appreciating the little things in life that really matter.
Surely each one of us has their own list of "little things to be happy about!" These little things are; indeed; what form my personal concept of Contentment, in which I sense in every angle of my daily life.


I feel Content in the company of my sisters when we spend a day out, madly shop for almost everything, act dorky with salesmen, lunch/dine in Fuddruckers - & again act free-spirited with the nice Saudi waiting supervisor, so he takes the charge with serving us although it's a help-yourself kind of a dinner! ;D When my sister goes to get some forks & napkins, then comes back empty-handed, saying: the nice guy said something in a Najdi accent meaning to rest & he'll get us what we need. I go like: did he say "inthabri" & I'll get you guys the ketchup??. These moments of being loud & bubbly making stupid jokes out of almost everything, matter the most to me than being invited to the posh wedding ceremonial in Lailaty where some other girls – I know them quite well! – eager to get dressed & mingle with the high-class society of Jeddah – that's their hidden intention, even though they act indifferent! - I'm glad I'm not one of these people! I'm not a wannabe! :P

A moment of Contentment is when I go out carrying my fake Gucci, and my cousin shows her admiration of it, and I; in good faith; let the cat out of the bag & say that: it's a copy from Beirut! She remarks: it looks so original, as I second it. Later, talking to myself, I feel so stupid! I don't have to be that detailed about everything! Then when I mention the incident to my sisters, each, separately, emphasizes in her own words the fact that "We don’t have such complexes & psychological issues to act or pretend the opposite or try as much to hide the facts! It's not like that we don't own the originals, but at the same time we do enjoy the bits & pieces"
I'm genuine! And I appreciate being honest with myself at first, then with others. In my words: I don't wear a dress that does not fit my figure! And I'm Content of being my true self!

Little things in life that really matter would be each single minute that is to be spent with my family, among my loved ones. Sticking together regardless of all the fight & struggle moments we "enjoy" every now & then! It's when we come to blows over trivialities like children, like really fight, but then cannot stay mad at each other as Mom or Dad works on conciliating between us.
It's when I go broke – as I always am! – and beg my sister to lend me some money – as I always am! – and then the loan remains unpaid for ages till my sisters start complaining to Mom about my procrastinating in paying them back & threaten to cut off all the financial & logistical deals with me, so I go paying everyone to the last halala & end up… Broke Again! Mama feels sorry for me, secretly gives me hundreds of riyals and stresses on keeping the source unknown for the girls!


I'm Content!
I'm blessed with my family members.
I'm blessed of inheriting the principles, originality, integrity, self-sufficiency, kindheartedness & good intentions. Not that we're the perfect happy family ever! But I still believe that we are one of the few Real People in our social circle. And I do believe that family is what shapes all the little pieces in individuals, which are the little things in life that matter the most. :D

Labels:

 
Comments:
Nice colorful post :D
I am not content with some parts of my life and I need to change them as soon as possible specially my current work place!

Shall we establish a "Glow" Fund to help you when you are broke? :P
 
l0o0o0o0o0o0ol are you kiddin' me!!! I swear I'm always BROKE!
But how thoughtful of you HP! loool liked the idea! ;P

And well, I was too opptemistic to mention my partes that need some adjustments too :)
Though I believe that once you are aware of it, you are on the right track to solve it! :)
Good luck with your nasty supervisor! ;P
 
My bigger problem is not with him actually! It is with the whole career path! I am in a place where the future is not so bright!
 
*clapping* bravo, bravo.. niiice post! Loved everything about it! :)
 
HP... :)
May Allah bless you with much finer opportunities ya Rab! :)


Euphieee... :D
Glad you liked it! :)
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
I thought I exist!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Jeddawiiah, Al 7ijaZz, Saudi Arabia

Self-righteous! Pretentious! Malicious!


November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / June 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / April 2008 / June 2008 / September 2008 / February 2009 / October 2009 / August 2010 / February 2012 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]